Sunday, July 11, 2010

"Hello World"


This program has been done over so many times by so many people in plenty of publications that it might as well be in the Public Domain. This very simple program, in Microsoft BASIC, reads as follows:

10 PRINT "HELLO WORLD!"
20 END

I ended up cheating with this one. nmcclana from Instructables gets credit for the Hello World program written in Parallax. However, it just needs some tweaking.





"But, ah!", I realize just now, "I'm using an older version of Propeller. I'm using 0.98.1!" The current version is 1.2.7(R2). But even after installing that and trying nmcclana's program again in it's original intended form, it
still doesn't work on the Hydra. My tweaked version works well, so I'm happy.

I'm pretty certain there's nothing
wrong with nmcclana's program. I thing it might be how Parallax's OBJect files work with the Hydra. There's probably something that I'm overlooking. Is it in the CONstant block? Do I need to tweak the TV_Terminal object file?

Well, no matter. I have a "Hello World" program that works.


I spliced in the following code to the TV_Terminal_010 OBJect file:



This PUBlic method made all the difference.





And now, the listing looks a lot better:















By the way, I do recommend on downloading the latest version of Propeller.

No comments:

Post a Comment